PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Blush & Gold Wedding


With my husband and I just celebrating our two year wedding anniversary, I was inspired to create that wedding blog post that I've been thinking about for years now (two years to be exact).

We were married in beautiful Savannah, Georgia at the Georgia State Railroad Museum (formerly known as the Roundhouse Railroad Museum).  This couldn't have been a more perfect setting for our taste.  We knew that we wanted to do something with a rustic/vintage feel.  When we visited this venue and I saw the free standing old brick walls in the courtyard I was instantly sold.  I immediately starting picturing how every single detail would play out.  We are what you might call "DIYers" or even cheap at some times.  My husband and I both like to take inspiration from numerous places and then create our own version.  So this rough around the edges, no where close to being perfect setting was just what we were looking for.

I was planning my wedding right at the start of Pinterest, aka "the wedding planner's crack".  So you can only imagine how many hours were spent on this site searching and digging for ideas for our perfect wedding.  Just typing the words 'rustic wedding' into the search engine on Pinterest had my eyes lighting up, my heart pounding, and my future husband's hammer moving :)  I planned every single detail from the appetizers at our rehearsal dinner to the length of the sparkler at our exit.

With all of that being said, this wedding was my 'baby' and I am proud to show you the end result.





Weddings should be very personal to who the people are as a couple.  My husband and I think we did a great job of representing who we are.  Happy Anniversary Dan.  Here's to many more years together!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...